[consulting] Fwd: 200 000 user community, 30M page views/month Drupal site needs re-design estimates, recommendations for designers, IAs, graphic designers, interaction designers

Angela Byron drupal-consulting at webchick.net
Thu Oct 4 15:50:13 UTC 2007

On 4-Oct-07, at 10:34 AM, Victor Kane wrote:

>> Deliverables would include:
>> 1) Audience research analysis, basically a report to the community.
>> Functions mapped to tasks and features.
>
> Here you should add (or it could go as part of 2 and/or 3) a list of
> roles, and for each role, a list of user stories / use cases.

This has been started already... see http://groups.drupal.org/node/
3761. Note that it's a wiki page and anyone in the drupal.org
redesign group is  is free to edit it. If you can't edit it, post a
comment, and I'll get it integrated.

> This has to be defined first, then mapped to ontology (architecture)
> and wireframe navigation. There is not a simple one to one
> relationship here.

An attempt has been made at breaking down the site into its discrete
components here: http://groups.drupal.org/node/3769

And one example wireframe for one of said sections has been posted
here: http://groups.drupal.org/node/3777. Probably needs refinement/
starting from scratch by an actual IA person.

It'd be nice if the community could help take on most of the use case
definitions and stuff, so that an actual IA expert only has to focus
on the stuff that we can't figure out ourselves.

-Angie