[consulting] Help configuring a new site with CiviCRM and election-capable module

Darren Oh darrenoh at sidepotsinternational.com
Fri Sep 21 14:27:23 UTC 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Minton Brooks wrote:

> The critical work we have is to:
>

> 1.       Make certain the site is properly configured. We did not
> download it with the CVS connection; can that be added or is it a
> different download? We have not really done any substantive work,
> so if we need to start over, that is not a problem.
Depends on what you want to do. If you want to keep up to date with
Drupal's CVS, you'll need to do a CVS checkout. If you want to
maintain a custom version, you just commit your existing files to
your own CVS repository.
> 2.       Confirm that our take on initial modules is appropriate to
> our needs
No problem.
> 3.       Download and test the target configuration, with
> particular concern for CiviCRM and whatever additional election-
> related module(s) we might need.
I personally haven't worked with CiviCRM. I would have to learn how
to use it before I can test your configuration. Since I don't forsee
needing working with it much in the future, I would have to bill for
the time it takes to learn to use it.
> 4.       Enter membership information using the CiviCRM module,
> which seems well suited to our needs, and then to design and post
> nomination forms, followed by online election forms. I have an
> activity diagram describing what we need between now and December
> 1st. I can share that diagram with anyone interested in a
> consulting assignment.
Writing the code is no problem. However, you may need an artist to
create a mock-up to get a visually satisfying result.
> I’m not sure if this is the right way to go about finding someone
> to help. please advise if it is not :-).
This is definitely the right place to ask. Another place would be the
#drupal-consultants channel on IRC.