[consulting] DrupalCon Boston, March 3rd - 6th, Job fair March 3rd: 3PM-5PM, Sprint March 7th

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Wed Jan 2 22:50:23 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 2:17 PM, Eric Goldhagen <eric at openflows.com> wrote:

> At 2:06 PM -0800 1/2/08, Kieran Lal wrote:
> >
> >The Drupalcon Boston 2008 team is working hard to finalize
> >conference details before opening registration and the session
> >proposal system.
>
> Can you change the block on
> http://boston2008.drupalcon.org/conference-info
> that says
> "Drupalcon Boston 2008 registration is closed, please contact admin
> if you would like to register."

> "The Drupalcon Boston 2008 team is working hard to finalize
> conference details before opening registration and the session
> proposal system."
>
> Not 5 min before you posted this I sent a question to the site admin
> wondering how the event could have possibly filled up already.
>
> >  We are also just now finalizing sponsorship packages. Watch
> ><http://boston2008.drupalcon.org/>boston2008.drupalcon.org and the
> ><http://drupal.org>drupal.org home page
> >(<http://groups.drupal.org/rss.xml> rss feed) for future
> >announcements. In the mean time, start making your travel
> >arrangements and gathering your session proposal information.
> >
> >The <http://association.drupal.org/>Drupal Association encourages
> >potential organizers from the community to start preparing proposals
> >for the fall 2008 Europe Drupalcon and the spring 2009 North America
> >Drupalcon. We are also interested in hosting Drupalcons in other
> >parts of the world.
>
> I see on http://boston2008.drupalcon.org/logistics/3
> under the section Visas
>
> NOTE, however, that the Drupal Association is not a U.S. entity, and
> thus is not able to provide a Letter of Invitation, which may be
> required (and the lack of which may prevent you from attending this
> Drupalcon.)
>
> Is it possible for the Drupal Association to help coordinate getting
> some of the US based sponsors (once they are known) to write the
> necessary invitations to help facilitate a broader international
> presence?

Eric, the Drupal association took the policy of not providing letters for
attendees, unless we personally knew to be significant contributors at
Drupalcon Barcelona.

The Plone 2006 conference organizers and the AIIM conference organizers have
policies for this. I have been working hard to keep the issue of providing
documentation for attendees at the forefront of our planning activities.  We
are working hard to address this issue, please notify us if you personally
require this documentation.

Kieran Lal