[consulting] copyright policies

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:04:05 UTC 2008

Robert

afaik, paternity is part of a copyright law

I am not sure if under GPL paternity is protected as such, you would have to
study the case
I know that creative commons, which I am marginally more familiar
with, covers paternity
under 'attribution' clause

I dont write code myself, but work alongside teams that do,
pdm

On Jan 24, 2008 7:54 PM, Robert Garrigós Castro <robert at garrigos.cat> wrote:

>  En/na paola.dimaio at gmail.com ha escrit:
>  Copyright law includes moral right of the creator to have their name
> attached to the work (but not the economic right to exploit it if this
> has been given to someone else, such as the client). The right to have
> your name in the code is called
> 'paternity' and it is a right granted by some extension of the Berne
> convention
> If you are in Europe, you may be able to enforce this easier than in
> the States, unless you have signed a waiver as part of your
> contractual arrangement with the client
>
> check your contract, if it does not mention that you assign moral
> rights to the clients, then you are fine by the law (in most
> jurisdictions)
>

> hope this help
> cheer
> PDM
>
>  thanks, it does indeed.
>
>  I'm thinking on enforcing my clients to accept the GPL license on my work,
> so I'm actually going further than a paternity on the work, and was
> wondering what was the experience of other developers making a linving from
> Drupal on this matter.
>

> --
>

> Robert Garrigós

Paola Di Maio