[consulting] copyright policies

DragonWize dragonwize at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:34:20 UTC 2008

Hi Kevin,

> If you did this Henry Ford would sue you.

I understand that. That is why I tried to emphasize *I believe*. There
are definite disagreements on my position and the laws position. The
great thing is there are a ways around it.

>... if you're hired as a contractor to
> build something for someone else, then they own it,

IF the contract says so that is true. The point that I am trying to
make is that in my position, my contract will always leave me owning
the code, it being licensed back to me, it being GPL'ed or some other
non-restrictive license. The reasons I gave are in what I would give
in defense of that contract decision.

Alan