[consulting] Working with anonymous contractors

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 17:15:55 UTC 2008

> You may get a more useful response if you elaborate on "things".  ;)

Yes, apologies. I mean there is always some job to be done. I ll post again
about this when existing consultants cant fulfil some of the  assignments
for some reason..

> > After advertising on the site I got contacted (among others) by a
> developer
> > who said he was only going to work anonymously. I was not to know his
> > identity, and he would give me a good discount.Hellow????Do I want to
> give
> > the keys to my estate not knowing who the guy is??Is this guy a real
> > developer, a drupal adventurer, or someone who is ashamed to show his
> face
> > for whatever reason?
>
> I'd recommend staying as far away from that as possible.  If you don't
> know why he wants to remain anonymous, you may as well assume the worst,
> at least that's what I'd do.  How do you know this guy's not a wanted
> criminal?  You don't.  If you're working in the realm of legitimate
> business, you don't want to get involved.
>
> Even if this person has a legitimate reason for remaining anonymous,
> there's no accountability there.  Individuals need to be (or at least
> should be) held accountable for what they do.

I am glad you think so. I have asked the polite people who have made
themselves available to
supply veryfiable credentials, and  a scanned copy of their ID (of course
that could be faked too, but I dont think that anyone is that malicious).
Some had not problem straight away, these are the people who have the keys
to the site.  One or two guys were reticent, one explicitly said he wanted
to work anonymously. Nay. I dont see that as an option. Development can wait
til we find someone we are confortable with.

cheers
pdm

> -c.
> --