[consulting] Working with anonymous contractors

Colan Schwartz colan at openject.com
Tue Jan 29 17:02:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 11:53:18AM +0700, paola.dimaio at gmail.com wrote:
> anyone there intersted in some work? I got plety of things open

You may get a more useful response if you elaborate on "things".  ;)

> After advertising on the site I got contacted (among others) by a developer
> who said he was only going to work anonymously. I was not to know his
> identity, and he would give me a good discount.Hellow????Do I want to give
> the keys to my estate not knowing who the guy is??Is this guy a real
> developer, a drupal adventurer, or someone who is ashamed to show his face
> for whatever reason?

I'd recommend staying as far away from that as possible.  If you don't
know why he wants to remain anonymous, you may as well assume the worst,
at least that's what I'd do.  How do you know this guy's not a wanted
criminal?  You don't.  If you're working in the realm of legitimate
business, you don't want to get involved.

Even if this person has a legitimate reason for remaining anonymous,
there's no accountability there.  Individuals need to be (or at least
should be) held accountable for what they do.
-c.
--
Colan Schwartz
Internet Consultant  |  Openject Consulting  |  http://www.openject.com/