[consulting] Salaries

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:39:07 UTC 2008

> This job posting (below) got me thinking about something ... what are these
> jobs paying?
>
> I ask because I make a good living as an independent Drupal developer and
> just assume taking a job would be a huge cut in income -- but maybe I'm
> wrong?

I was actually just wondering today what is the rate range for an
independent Drupal developer. I work as a freelance programmer, and
now I am working a LOT with Drupal. I just heard from someone today
that a programmer in Chicago with a small firm takes $150 an hour from
him. I don't get nearly that, but I do get more than $50 an hour. Is
that about the right range? I also know of a firm in Washington state
that takes $110 an hour, which is also a good bit more than I take.

I was taking $60, then I went up to $70. I tried to get more than
that, but thus far no one has agreed to it. :)

> So if anyone has any knowledge about salary range for Drupal developers and
> Internet Strategists like the one below it would be great if you can post
> what you think these jobs are paying -- and the city would help too.

I am not even sure what this job is actually. Heh heh. :)

Fred