[consulting] Retainer Plans

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 13:47:33 UTC 2008

> Can you share how you structured your retainer program?

>From July of this year, this precise discussion: http://drupal.org/node/286539

> My biggest stuggle now is finding time for all my smaller clients who want
> changes to their sites -- I'm finding it really hard to fit them in.  I'm at
> the point where I have far more work than I can do and let's face it, the
> big clients need to come first.

I have the same problem. I have not yet come up with a good solution.
Prepaid hours doesn't really help, though, now does it? You still need
to give them the hours. In fact, the advantage of prepaid hours
(retainer) seems to be your 'insurance' that you have work, and the
client gets a lower rate.

But if you have no lack of work, I see it as a bit of a mistake--you
are reducing your rate without too much reason.

Unless I am misunderstanding something.