[consulting] Retainer Plans

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:16:53 UTC 2008

> I'm interested that your minimum level retainer is 5 hours a week. We
> have numerous sites that would only need that many hours over a few
> months, to keep security updates current and so forth. Then once or
> twice a year on average we may do a more significant set of
> enhancements to their site.
>
> How would a 5 hour-per-week retainer model handle this kind of
> situation?

Make it 5 hours per quarter if it works out better for you.

Overall, this has been a very interesting thread for me. I realized
that a lot of my business is somewhat informal b/c it's friends or
friends of friends (referrals) or people that I have come to know. So
with them it's harder to be more businesslike, but hopefully I will be
able to soon take on new clients and be more formal. :)

I suppose I will need a website and better image. I will have to work
on that. :)

Thanks everyone!