[consulting] General consultant's vent

Tom Geller tom at tomgeller.com
Thu Aug 6 16:12:54 UTC 2009

Brian Vuyk <brian at brianvuyk.com> writes:

> I explained that it was necessary to generate proper
> specifications and design documents prior to quoting a large job in
> order that both parties understood and agreed what elements were and
> were not covered under the quote, and to prevent scope creep in the
> future.

Mediacurrent commissioned a "Best Practices for Drupal" guide that
explains exactly this to clients: Maybe some of you could use it to
build and buttress your arguments. It's at:

   http://www.mediacurrent.com/blogs/mediacurrent-releases-free-best-practices-drupal-guide-enterprise-class-websites

Enjoy!

---
           Tom Geller  *  Oberlin, Ohio  *  415-317-1805
              Writer/Editor * http://www.tomgeller.com
     articles, marketing, training materials, user guides, books