[consulting] General consultant's vent

Bob Morse bob at morsemedia.net
Thu Aug 6 20:50:29 UTC 2009

You're welcome.

One of the things I feel I provide as a consultant and developer on
Drupal is I monitor new modules and module releases. I also post links
in our basecamp account to Drupal modules that look interesting even if
we wouldn't be using them on current projects. Even so, on almost every
project we  come across a module or code snippet that does something we
were scratching our heads over and not wanting to write yet another
module. So, as knowledgeable as a client might be about web development
or Drupal, they are not going to spend the time on a day to day basis to
be able know what Drupal is really capable of and how best to accomplish
a particular task. If they did, they'd be full time web developers
themselves! So, I don't think Drupal will become the end of the
developer. Rather, it's just the beginning.