[consulting] Drupal Certification

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Fri Aug 7 16:35:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Ayen Designs <info at ayendesigns.com> wrote:

> I think they might seem to sound the same at the start, but I don't look at
> a Certified Public Account being the same as someone with an accounting
> certificate.  Usually, certification (for a professional job) follows any
> degree work, whether officially or just naturally. A 'certificate' is
> typically one step below an Associate degree.

I think you are undervaluing certificates. Especially when it comes to
continuing education for professionals -- the course I built qualified for
CEU credits for social workers -- and they were glad to have the
certificate.

Lots of top universities offer certificates in things like nonprofit
management and organization development, that are highly valued.