[consulting] Trademark policy (was: Drupal Certification)

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Fri Aug 7 21:01:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM, Tom Geller<tom at tomgeller.com> wrote:
> Great! Until that final version is released uncertainty remains and could
> stall potential ventures.

It only stops businesses who need to use Drupal in their name or their
product name.  I don't think that is really stifling any valuable
business.

> (I wonder whether the Drupal trademark is defensible at this point... but
> that's another matter.)

Dries and the Association are doing their best to make sure it is.  If
you know of anything that would help make it more defensible,
http://association.drupal.org/contact

Thanks!
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
Cracking Drupal - Learn to protect your Drupal site from hackers