[consulting] Drupal workers' interests [was Drupal Certification]

Ayen Designs info at ayendesigns.com
Mon Aug 10 17:56:06 UTC 2009

Union labor means superior product? Not. I can buy a handcrafted
motorcycle that's a better product than anything for sale in the store.
I can buy a handcrafted bedroom set that's better than anything for sale
in the furniture store. Here, I've lived in the northeast, where all
construction and utility work is union, and the southeast, where it's
not, and if there is any quality difference on my home, it's better in
the southeast, at a fraction of the price. Home schooled and privately
schooled (non-government) children do consistently better (here in the
U.S.) in testing than those educated by union labor (although the
government controlling the curriculum plays a part there), on and on.
Unions might mean higher quality on an assembly line, but development is
not an assembly line, the last time I looked. I'd like a good example of
where creativity and intuition plays as much a role in the product as it
does in development, rather than rote, and the end-product is
demonstratively of higher quality because of a union.

--

Ayen Designs
388 Bullsboro Drive #105 · Newnan, Georgia 30263

Ayen Designs is a tradename of the computer services division of