[consulting] Drupal workers' interests [was Drupal Certification]

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Mon Aug 10 18:34:56 UTC 2009

What it all comes down to is how do we give potential clients the tools to
figure out who knows their stuff, what they know and maybe some guidelines
on what most are paying. This can be done through certifications, portfolios
or a third party company that evaluates shops and consultants. It is in
everyone's best interest (accept maybe people who don't like accountability)
to want something like this.

The question becomes who will create something like this and how will it get
traction? I don't think the answer is the Drupal association OR any company
that provides services. This might be a great business opportunity for the
whole open source world.

-Steve

Steve Kessler

Denver DataMan