[consulting] Iframe tags placed on index.php files attack possible solution

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Tue Aug 11 17:58:00 UTC 2009

I ad a client hit by this exact attack recently. Someone gained access to
their  hosting account/ftp passwords -- and no security patches are going to
help that.

The good thing is that it only affects files that end in a body tag -- so in
all drupal only page.tpl was changed -- and a handful of files from tinymce
--

If your client gets hit with one of these, and if restoring a backup isn't
practical, check the ftp log and you can see exactly which files were

Whenever possible I try not to even give clients ftp or hosting panel access
anymore -- I put their email on google apps, their stats on analytics, so
there's almost no reason they ever need to login to their hosting account.

Sam