[consulting] oDesk

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Tue May 5 20:51:40 UTC 2009

Sam and all,

But if I'm hiring someone to do something hourly and they are at a remote
> location, then I need some way to know they are working.

I think that trust, in combination with good communication, are the most
efficient, most energizing forces to address the issue of managing
employees/subcontractors.

I'm not speaking about blind trust, rather real trust. Trust is based on
relationship. So the toughest part of all this is at the beginning of a
relationship.So relationships might  start with small jobs and plenty of
ways out. But once you've got that relationship going, it's a great thing.
Far better than any software tool which watches someone.

Shai