[consulting] oDesk

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkey.com
Tue May 5 21:20:50 UTC 2009

Victor Kane wrote:
> Here I've got to agree with Sam!
I think someone in hell just asked for a sweater ;)

Shai Gluskin wrote:

> I'm not speaking about blind trust, rather real trust. Trust is based
> on relationship. So the toughest part of all this is at the beginning
> of a relationship.So relationships might  start with small jobs and
> plenty of ways out. But once you've got that relationship going, it's
> a great thing. Far better than any software tool which watches someone.

Yup. Hiring is hard. Initially, collaborating is hard. But once it's
done, and the lines of communication are established, working gets
easier. And that's my biggest beef with oDesk, or the notion that
constant monitoring == accountability.

Cheers,

Bill

--