[consulting] Internet Participation Survey -- Results are Open Source

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Mon May 25 20:42:06 UTC 2009

Hi Gang,

This is somewhat off-topic...
I'm writing an article for a journal and I'm conducting some primary
research on how people participate on the web.

I'm going to be making all the raw data available for anyone to analyze once
the survey is closed (open source research!).

I'm looking for more people to take the survey... It takes 2-3 minutes...
really!

http://bit.ly/UbWfO

p.s... just thought I'd share my first experience playing with Facebook
advertising to get people to take the survey. My ad priced out at
$.48/click. I used up my one day $25 budget in a couple of hours, maybe
less, not sure when it started showing (52 clicks from 92,000 impressions).
I got 1 completed survey for every 5 people who clicked on the ad. So that
comes out to $2.40/completed survey. End of that experiment... way too
expensive for me. But it was interesting to jump in to that world.

Here is the text of the ad I used. I added a head shot of me to give some
"warmth" and try to distinguish it from all the adverts out there that are
trying to get people to buy something:

I'm writing an article about participation on the web and I'm doing some
> research. Please help by taking a short survey. - Shai Gluskin

Thanks again to anyone who takes the survey. And even more appreciative to
anyone who spreads the word.

Shai Gluskin
Content2zero <http://content2zero.com>