[consulting] a clients needs good reporting software to use with Drupal -- any suggestions?

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Wed Nov 18 15:55:21 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have a nonprofit client -- with limited budget -- that has a need to
collect a lot of data on their constituents around the country.

Drupal is perfect for collecting this data, but here's the catch.  They need
the ability to generate reports based on this data, such as graphic
representations, things Views doesn't do.

I told them they'd be able to export a spreadsheet and then run reports, but
they want the ability to run reports and crunch numbers right form the site.

Have any of you run into this or have any suggestions?  I'm wondering if
there might be some third party options that I may be able to integrate.  Or
perhaps some sort of software that I can install on the server that can read
right from the database (of course, I'd have to teach it CCK logic)

Or if there's a non-drupal solution that anyone knows of, that would be
helpful too.

Thanks,
Sam