[consulting] Urgency Rate Markup

Adam Mordecai mordecai at advomatic.com
Thu Dec 9 18:03:45 UTC 2010

I often show the client this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_triangle

Depending on the speed, and the realistic amount of time involved, generally speaking I'd say rush is 1.5x, rush over 8hrs a day is 2x, and weekend rush is 3x. For a demand like this, I'd do 2x rates for 8hrs each day and 3x for over 8, and then the weekends you had to rush, go nuts.

Or I would push back on how realistic it is to get the site to that point, and why they need it that fast. Launching a site at Christmas seems kind of pointless, they may want to consider what their priorities are.