[consulting] Billing Increments

Jason A. Nunnelley jason at jasonn.com
Wed Jan 27 01:43:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Fred Jones <fredthejonester at gmail.com> wrote:
> I, for better or worse (probably worse), end up having a lot of very
> small time increments as I answer an email here, make a small fix to a

I tend to bill in 15 increments, with 1 hour minimum per day. I would
try to find a way to make your billing system do that. But, if you
can't, perhaps scheduling work efficiently will make up for the
system's failings. For example, if you have a client that's switching
you back to their task for smaller blocks of time, you're likely not
really in control of your schedule appropriately enough to bill as a
contractor (that way). You should block out bigger chunks of time for
that client or default bill them a daily fee for your "drop what I'm
doing," service.

--

Jason A. Nunnelley