[consulting] insurance

Steve Hanson shanson at cruiskeenconsulting.com
Mon Jul 12 17:38:34 UTC 2010

On 07/12/2010 12:15 PM, Ben West wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> I've seen billboards for the Freelancers Union in New York City, USA
> who do appear to focus on forming a union so that their members may
> bargain collectively for benefits.
> http://www.freelancersunion.org/
>
> However, I think their coverage may not be contiguous withing the US:
> http://www.freelancersunion.org/insurance/explore/
I've belonged for quite a while -- it does  a pretty good job of
advocating for Freelancers, and does a good job of letting members know
about media opportunities to speak on behalf of freelancers.  But if
you're looking at this for purposes of health care, it's only useful to
you in a very small geographic area.