[consulting] Lead Developer Position at Trellon

Michael Haggerty mhaggerty at trellon.com
Tue Jun 22 18:17:39 UTC 2010

Trellon is a strategy and development firm that builds open source
solutions for non-profit, NGO, political and academic clients. One of
the original Drupal firms, we are seeking qualified Lead Developers to
join our team and help provide the thoughtful, innovative solutions we
are known for.

Job Description

Lead Developers are important actors in our delivery process,
possessing a detailed technical knowledge of Drupal and using it to
deliver excellent solutions for our clients. Here's what we expect
from someone in this role:

• Identify appropriate technical solutions and implement them in
coordination with a team of developers.
• Write clean, well-engineered code that conforms to accepted
standards within the Drupal community.
• Analyze requirements for technical feasibility and communicate
issues effectively with internal team members and external clients.
• Be able to write custom modules and themes, and be very good at one
or the other.
• Participate in the Drupal community through code contributions,
attendance at community events, and more.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and make constructive
suggestions for change.

Who Should Apply

Lead Developers traditionally possess diverse backgrounds and bring
skill sets that go beyond simply being able to write code. Having a
clear commitment to the communities we care about, critical thinking
skills, and expertise in our core platforms are all part of working
with Trellon. We look for people who can demonstrate skills in the
following areas:

Development Skills

• Building custom modules and leveraging the various APIs that are
important parts of the Drupal platform today.
• Constructing advanced themes that incorporate appropriate
preprocessing functions and are structurally sound.
• Integrating Drupal with external CRM systems, mobile applications,
social networks and other affiliated tools.

Teamwork

• Communicating with Project Managers to determine progress on project
deliverables.
• Analyzing technical requirements with Internet Strategists to ensure
the feasibility of proposed solutions.
• Offering appropriate guidance and support to other developers in
support of project goals.

Participation

• Contributing code and documentation to the core platforms Trellon
works with. You will be financially compensated for contributions to
Drupal and CiviCRM.
• Sharing knowledge about Drupal through blog posts and presentations
at local and international events.
• Participating in product development sessions and offering
perspective on specific product ideas.

What You Need to Know

Lead Developers must possess an advanced understanding of PHP and
MySQL. We are also looking for people a good grounding in some or all
of the following areas:

• CSS and AJAX development.
• Performance tuning.
• Hosting and infrastructure.
• CRM integration.

How to Apply

We are accepting resumes immediately and want to talk to you.

• Please direct all inquiries to jobs at trellon.com. Please include a
cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
• In your cover letter, please clearly outline relevant experience you
wish for us to consider.
• Also in your cover letter, please help us understand where you live.