[consulting] Users and content types

Michael Thorne michael at openchimp.com
Tue Mar 2 15:54:44 UTC 2010

Organic Groups provides this type of functionality.  You will have to spend
some time getting familiar with the og module.  http://drupal.org/project/og

Basically, you will edit your group content type to tell og that it is a
group node type (you can have more than one content type designated as a
group type)  Once you've done that, you can edit each group which you want
to allow users to join on the registration form and check the box
"Registration Form" and select Open for membership requests.

Good Luck,

Michael