[consulting] CiviCRM / Drupal integration expert

David Notik dave at d202.org
Wed May 5 17:48:06 UTC 2010

Hi.

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Matt Chapman <matt at ninjitsuweb.com> wrote:

> Is there anybody
> around who's got the management skills to help redirect the momentum
> among CiviCRM new-comers into a project to re-create CiviCRM
> functionality using Drupal 7 as the framework?

Music to my ears.  I don't have the resources to lead that effort, but +1
for the need.  It's really to bad we can't work with CCK and Views for most
all CiviCRM functionality.

I agree with your assessment about demand.  CiviCRM is arguably much harder
to work with than Drupal -- yet it does some powerful things, integrates
with Drupal, and remains in demand largely because of those points.  For
CiviCRM/Drupal integration that goes beyond tying users to contact records
and exposing contribution pages and event registrations in the CMS, you can
and should command a higher rate than Drupal most of the time.  Anyway, my
shop charges one rate regardless.

Just did a bit of work on one Drupal/CiviCRM project of ours --
www.jewishideas.org -- including replaced the fundraising campaign"goal
widget' with some custom stuff.

Best,

--D