[consulting] CiviCRM / Drupal integration expert

Jim Taylor jim at rootyhollow.com
Wed May 5 18:01:19 UTC 2010

David,

I would be curious to hear what ese you see need in view integration, as of
2.2 you should be able to access almost all the CiviCRM field in views (feel
free to answer that off list or file a ticket with CiviCRM).

We talked about CCK among a couple developers at CiviCon and really couldn't
come up with a pressing use case except for replacing the profiles
integration with Fields API integration for the user entity, in Drupal 7.
 So use Fields API to display the CiviCRM profiles that are exposed during
user registration.

What what seemed more important to work on was greater
Rules/Workflow/Actions integration to create workflows in CiviCRM.  This
should be a huge help in customizing CiviCRM's behaviors and default
workflows.

I'm -1 on the re-creation of a CRM in Drupal as it's a whole lot of work and
all you ar doing is re-reating the wheel imho.  Unless you have a large team
behind it I don't see the point.