[consulting] CiviCRM / Drupal integration expert

Matt Chapman matt at ninjitsuweb.com
Wed May 5 18:55:19 UTC 2010

Not requiring 'significant' additional effort means to me: I can work
with the CRM in the same way as I work with any other drupal  module.
Largely, that means I can use hook_menu_alter on every callback,
hook_form_alter on every form, hook_access to extend access control,
theme functions and templates to alter HTML output, jquery for
javascript, etc, etc.

'Competent' means being able to use the system in the way it was
designed to be used. A competent developer uses API functions instead
of SQL queries, where possible. A competent developer understand the
relationships between data objects. (E.g., ala, CiviCRM every user is
a contact but not every contact is a user. Email addresses are unique
identifiers for users but not for contacts.) A competent developer
does not expose security vulnerabilities out of ignorance of the
system. (Everybody makes mistakes sometimes, but one must know enough
to be able to recognize & correct one's mistakes.)

And before anyone else calls me out on it, yes, I have released code
that does not meet my own definition of competence. We all go through
stages of learning. I'd just like to make learning CiviCRM development
easier for everyone.

All the Best,

Matt Chapman
Ninjitsu Web Development

--
The contents of this message should be assumed to be Confidential, and
may not be disclosed without permission of the sender.