[consulting] Keeping Web Sites Updated

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Wed May 12 08:29:45 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM, George Lee <georgeleejr617 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Whatever is reliable, which I would guess is the latter -- but hoping
> there's a good way to find paid folks less intense than full-out
> full-price web developers, since it's just about maintaining web
> sites.

Well, here's the source of the confusion in the argument that Sam Cohen
attempted to make clear.

Speaking as a professional Drupal consultant, I maintain without charging
absolutely anything, about ten Drupal sites, a couple of them not so
trivial.

Because I am committed to their causes.

However, funded non-profits need to find qualified Drupal professionals who
are known in the Drupal community. By simply checking out the participation
they have in the community either locally, through groups.drupal.org, or on
drupal.org.

There is no intermediate ground, "it's just about maintaining web sites",
this is tantamount to asking an electrician to come in and fix a few outlets
"it's just about doing a little wiring". Because people work for a living.

I see you sign saying "Peace, community, justice".

Well, George, I trust that your antiwar flyers have a Union label on them?

Unfortunately we Drupal professionals still don't have a union. But we do
work for a living. And funded non-profits would want to respect working
people, first of all, I would imagine.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar
http://projectflowandtracker.com

"Let the capitalists pay for the crisis, not the working class"