[consulting] Best way to set up Drupal exercise files?

Greg Knaddison Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Sat May 29 20:56:10 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Matt Chapman <matt at ninjitsuweb.com> wrote:
> To emulate Drupal 7's capabilities for Drupal 6 with a PHP based
> solution, you'd have to make your modules directory writable by the
> web server, which is generally not recommend. It's especially
> dangerous in many shared hosting environments.

The last time I looked this is actually what Drupal 7's tool does - it
writes the files directly, though at some point there was talk of
using an FTP loopback to make the files temporarily writable so that
you didn't have to have a less secure setup all the time.

There is also http://drupal.org/project/plugin_manager which for D6
will do (S)FTP loopback to install the files directly.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com