[consulting] What Causes Feast or Famine?

netsperience rgoya at netsperience.org
Mon Apr 11 13:24:43 UTC 2011

  Eric,

> How drupal version numbers work changed when drupal 5 came out (which
> was almost called drupal 4.8)
>
> 4.0 came out in mid 2002, 4.7 in mid 2006.
As I remember, my first Drupal site was built with v 4.7 - but I was not
being intentionally vague, I was using shorthand to point out that I
have more experience than someone who has only jumped on the wagon in
the last couple of years by using v 5.x or v 6.x. I think that a minimum
of 5-6 years experience is sufficient and probably not any more relevant
than 7-10 years experience. My portfolio and cv speak for themselves.
> Participating in the community is good, but pushing your name in a
> clearly self-promotional way can backfire. Making your experience
> known is good, overstating your experience can damage your reputation.
> Keeping in touch with people you meet at drupal events can be helpful,
> but adding everyone you meet to your own personal announcement/spam
> list will surely damage your reputation.
I did not say I add "everyone" to my list, I said I add recruiters with
whom I have had contact to a list so that I can better inform them about
my availability, and they respond positively.

Eric, as a developer, I must practice PFORP
http://netsperience.org/content/blog/what-pforp and I hope you will also
try to be more precise.

I am sorry that you feel the need to attack me for giving advice based
on what works to get me work.

Randall Goya http://netsperience.org

Drupal: http://drupal.org/user/58977
Twitter: http://twitter.com/decibelplaces