[consulting] Ticketing Software

Daniel Honrade mail at danielhonrade.com
Fri Dec 16 23:38:19 UTC 2011

http://drupal.org/project/storm

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Allen Shaw <publicnet at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Hi Fred,
>
> I used Eventum for a while, and it seemed to do a good job of tracking
> issues via email, such that users never knew the web interface existed.
> Check http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Eventum/
>
> Best Luck,
> Allen
>
> On 12/12/2011 01:23 PM, Fred Jones wrote:
> > I work with a small firm and the support system they have in place is
> > no longer sophisticated enough for their growing needs. We are looking
> > for an open source ticketing system, ideally in PHP. Integration with
> > Drupal would be nice, but this is not a crucial need. The main issues
> > are:
> >
> > 1. Two-way Email Updates: Both the client and the staff should be able
> > to receive and send updates to tickets via email
> > 2. Attachments and HTML Email: Ideally the email-based updates will
> > allow users to send attachments and also HTML email. Many of our
> > clients send HTML emails, with a bit of formatting, and so we need to
> > be able to see that in the tickets, ideally.
> > 3. Clients should not be required to create user accounts and login in
> > order to access tickets.
> >
> > I think those are the main issues.
> >
> > Of course there is http://otrs.org/ but I can't readily see if they
> > have the 3 features (or even 2) that we want. I have used Trac and
> > OpenAtrium, but they both require logins. I found this
> > http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/ that has email ticket creation but I
> > don't know anything about it. I'm guessing http://www.zentrack.net/ is
> > good and I think that's what I will try next.
> >
> > Basically what we *think* we want is that clients can submit our
> > Contact Us form or email us at support at somefirm.com and either way, a
> > ticket will be created in the system, we get updated via email and
> > then we could reply via the web site or email and either way, the
> > client would then be updated.
> >
> > Our needs are fairly simple, beyond those mentioned. Simple status of
> > tickets so can close them etc.
> >
> > If anyone has any suggestions, or further ideas I should be
> > considering, I would appreciate it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Fred

Daniel Honrade, Jr.

alternate email:  danielhonrade at gmail.com
websites:  http://danielhonrade.com
                http://webtheming.com
                http://devavrata.com

When you signup for PayPal, you can start accepting credit card payments
instantly. As the world's number one online payment service, PayPal is the
fastest way to open your doors to over 150 million member accounts
worldwide. Best of all, it's completely free to sign up! To sign up or
learn more, click here: https://www.paypal.com/ph/mrb/pal=GE47NYP4D94XA