[consulting] Looking for help resolving the "Internal server error"

Joe Hyde joeghyde at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 23:32:30 UTC 2011

90% of the problems on Drupal are solved with the WSOD technique here:
http://drupal.org/node/158043 (it kicks up the PHP error reporting
instead of having to mess with your php.ini)

For the other 10%, use a combo of tail -f /path/to/apache2/error.log
while refreshing this page.

Joe Hyde
http://www.sanangelolive.com/

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Thomas Sherlock
<Tom at communityconsciousmedia.com> wrote:
> In addition to everyone else's sensible suggestions you might want to have a
> look at your memory configuration either in php.ini or in .htaccess.
> I know this error will also occur if you do not have an index.php or
> index.html.  Although in that case it's usually not intermittent but
> immediate and consistent.
> You could also check for extra blank space at the end of your templates and
> make sure that the file doesn't have a php closure tag at the very end:  ?>
>
> On Jun 4, 2011, at 9:38 AM, Frank Nikola wrote:
>
> Hi all. We are looking for some help resolving the dreaded "An internal
> server error has occured!
> Please try again later." The error happens intermittent when a user is
> performing some form action and usually the form and action are submitted
> successfully - the expected action is done, but the user receives the white
> screen with that error message.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Please contact me to discuss any additional
> details or support.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Frank Nikola
> Vice President Client Services