[consulting] Looking for a developer to build a voting module for webform submissions

Franz Glauber franz.glauber at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 12:38:53 UTC 2011

I thought you were speaking about dropping Webform, which makes a lot more
sense to me.

If the submissions in-site are more important than the e-mails (and they
will be if you decide to implement the voting system on your site), then
Webform is no longer the best option, because you would like to have better
control of this content. Migrating to nodes with CCK is certainly a better
and more maintainable option;

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Steve Kessler <skessler at denverdataman.com>wrote:

> If you configure it correctly there is nothing wrong with end users
> creating nodes. Also if this can be done in D7 you could do something with
> fields and comments depending on the specific use case. There are ways to do
> this in 6 as well.
>
> .-Steve
> On Jun 7, 2011 6:30 AM, "Bassem Chit" <bassem.chit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes because webform submissions are not treated as nodes, so the up/down
> module only works on the form itself but not on the submissions, i.e the
> results
> >

> > On Jun 7, 2011, at 3:22 PM, Franz Glauber wrote:
> >
> >> Are you sure you really need to develop a new module?
> >>
> >> Vote Up/Down module uses voting API and is a nice way of ranking
> nodes...
> >>
> >> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Bassem Chit <bassem.chit at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Dear All,
> >>
> >> We are building a website using Drupal 7 for a non-profit funding
> agency, and we are using webform so applicants can apply to funding
> opportunities online, the idea is to allow a list of jurors to be able to
> rank the submissions, where as the highest ranked forms would win the
> funding opportunities, i did some research on the issue, and it seems that a
> module can be built using vote api to enable this function and currently
> looking for a developer to create such module.
> >>
> >> please if anyone is interested, do contact me asap.
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >> Bassem Chit
> >> Lebanon Support

> >> --