[consulting] Purpose?

jeff at ayendesigns.com jeff at ayendesigns.com
Wed Mar 23 16:09:39 UTC 2011

I reach a different conclusion, though. Although I'm open to having it
molded :)  I don't think that IRC is a better place. It's immediate, and
many people don't have the time (or the time zone) to handle that, and
unless you're there you miss things. I think a mailing list serves both
purposes (discussion of consulting and all that goes with it, and
discussion of consulting jobs), but I think that if you're going to talk
about how you price things to your 'boss', how it is to work with 'that
kind of boss' and anything else like that, you probably wouldn't do it
one desk over from your boss, or in this case, in a list where it's
likely that the buyer is present. My conclusion is that it might serve
us better to have a consulting-topics list and a consulting-jobs list.