[consulting] Server Specs

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 31 19:48:10 UTC 2011

If there is a big discrepancy between query time and page execution time, as you
indicate here, then it would indicate code is slowing it down. I usually find
the culprit to be one or more poorly coded hooks or some modules that should be
caching data and aren't. with some careful review of the Devel log, you may get
some indication of who that is. If you use accesslog and/or statistics, try
turning them off briefly and see if that is a problem. It might be helpful to
insert some timer_xxx functions (see the API) to narrow it down.

On a poitive note, 540 queries in 69 milliseconds is pretty darned good. If I
were you, I would postpone the VPS and do some sleuthing.

Nancy

From: Fred Jones
>>> I turned on devel and I see page execution times of 3 seconds on
>>> average, however. I think that's very high. I will try to analyze if I
>>> can and see what's slowing down this site, but in the meantime here
>>> are my questions:

Thanks for the responses. Seems MySQL is not the culprit because this
is typical for an authenticated user:

Page execution time was 3455.42 ms. Executed 540 queries in 69.4 milliseconds.