[consulting] Drupal site development but with restrictions

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Mon Aug 20 19:37:07 UTC 2012

Hi all,

A big university in our area, one for which I've built many Drupal sites
for various departments, centers, etc, has recently contracted with Acquia
for hosting, and they are putting a plan in place where all University
related sites will be part  have to be hosted by them (and Acqia) and be
part of a multisite.  They plan to limit which modules sites are permitted
to use and also want to restrict any custom modules from being used at
all.

I've never built a site without a custom module and at least some glue code
and I've never worked with such restrictions.  It's really giving me
something to think about.  (No word yet on restrictions with custom themes)

I've never encountered this before.  I'm curious if anyone else has run
into this anywhere.

Thanks,
Sam

Sam Cohen, Principal