[consulting] Drupal site development but with restrictions

Sam Cohen sam at samcohen.com
Mon Aug 20 20:47:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Greg Knaddison
<greg.knaddison at acquia.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Cameron Eagans <cweagans at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Plus, I assume that this is going to mean that you can't have a version
> > controlled copy of the site and you're just going to have to work on a
> > shared dev site (with all of the other developers on the project). This
> is
> > going to be a huge pain in the neck.
>
> Where did this assumption come from?
>
> Regards,
> Greg

The specifics are still unknown, but I assume the only directory developers
will have access to is the custom theme.

It seems if a University is going to place restrictions like this on
modules, they will also do it on themes, but that's not clear to me yet.

But from the responses so far it doesn't seem like this is at all typical
or an emerging trend.

Sam