[consulting] Gouging Stupid Clients

matt j. sorenson matt at sorensonbros.net
Fri Feb 24 23:25:36 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Greg Knaddison
<greg.knaddison at acquia.com>wrote:

> On the other hand "value based pricing" is a well accepted practice.
>
> I think the most important thing is that your client knows whether you
> are charging per hour or per value-added. If you are honest with your
> client it's never sleazy.
>
> Cheers,
> Greg

Greg nailed it. The client obviously derives value in being able to
delegate the work, particularly if they've been trained on how to do it
twice, and continue to delegate. There's a cost:value point at which
they'll decide to take it in... if you are interested in finding out what
that point is (or just interested in convincing them to make the updates
because it's not what you want to do with your time) then re-negotiate and
raise your price.

--
*matt*