[consulting] Excellent contracting opportunity in San Francisco, CA for a talented Drupal Developer

Debi Easterday debi at linkstechnology.com
Fri Mar 14 22:11:33 UTC 2014

Hello, All.
My San Francisco, CA-based direct end-client, recently named in a list of 2014 Best Places to Work, is actively looking to fill a Drupal Developer contract role.  Knowing that this is where the die-hard Drupal folks are found, I thought I might spread the word here first.  The information that I have about this position is as follows:

Drupal Developer

This is an exciting contract opportunity for a talented Drupal developer to implement our Enterprise API Developer Portal. This cutting edge portal is used by developers throughout the company worldwide to discover what APIs are available for use, review documentation, and collaborate with other developers.

The ideal candidate should enjoy and have a passion for developing web portals that use a combination of technologies. You must have a history of developing websites using Drupal, as well as demonstrated competencies in the area of PHP, JavaScript, CSS, and HTML. You will also need to have exposure working with a various public and/or private APIs in order to deliver this portal solution. This role requires that you develop through all phases of the development lifecycle, including writing your own automated white and black-box tests.

To be successful at this position, you must be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You must possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver fast and reliable code. You will also be asked to contribute ideas, provide feedback and collaborate on many aspects within the team's portfolio that may be outside your domain of expertise.

Required Skills:

*         5+ years' experience developing websites using Drupal framework

*         Experience programming web applications using PHP, JavaScript, CSS, and HTML

*         Experience consuming open and/or private APIs, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Salesforce.com

*         Experience using GitHub as a source control repository

*         Excellent verbal and written technical documentation skills

*         Confidently collaborate with senior developers and UX/UI designers

*         Self-motivated, detail-oriented and self-organized

*         Ability to think creatively and out-of-the-box

*         Willingness to learn and master unfamiliar technologies and/or concepts

Desired Skills:

*         Experience working in an Agile software development environment

*         Active in the Drupal.org community and forums

*         Experience customizing Apigee's API management software

If this sounds like a position that you are both interested in pursuing and qualified for, then please forward a copy of your resume to me directly, Word or PDF versions are both acceptable.  Please rest assured that your resume will never be forwarded on to any additional parties without your prior knowledge and consent.  I look forward to hearing back from you and, until then, hope that you have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Many thanks,

Debi Easterday
Links Technology Solutions, Inc.
440 East State Parkway, Suite 220