[drupal-devel] some drupal stats

K B kbahey at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 04:24:08 UTC 2005

I agree with Chris' main point: non-exclusivity is essential.

As for the other point about what to do with the money, there are
tonnes of things that could be done: pay for
hosting/bandwidth/equipment, hire people to do stuff (from coding to
documentation to themes), marketing, participate in conferences,
...etc.

It is apparent that several things should be in place soon:

1. Creating a non-profit Drupal foundation. None of what we are
talking about can happen before that. I know this is currently on
hold, but we are delaying the inevitable. Better get it sooner. It
does not need to be in a country where taxes are a concern. If
Belgium/Germany is not an option, then perhaps France, Canada, England
or the US will do.

2. Copyright and/or trademark on the Drupal name and logo. We do not
want commercial copycats taking this over.