[drupal-devel] Is anybody doing any major work on subscriptionsmodule?

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Sat Apr 2 21:08:37 UTC 2005

did a quick code review

- what is this mailqueue.module? please share.
- there are some crufty variable names. this might be a good time to
remove them, and look for briefer ways to do stuff. this module feels
wordy still (it always did) (e.g. $uzer, $taxa)
- if you use 'destination' instead of 'return', this code becomes
unneeded (in HEAD):
if (isset($_GET['return'])) {
     drupal_goto($_GET['return']);
   }

- subscriptions_page() is very long. consider breaking it up into its
own pages with menu callbacks
- a longer term goal might be to add the right API so that modules
implement their own subscriptions. I would implement groups
subscriptions, and likely more will arise. But I think this could
clarify the code a lot today because the code for taxo, content, and
user subscriptions is intermingled in a unclean way (it always has
been). i'd like to see functions which individually listen on nodeapi()
and add themselves to the queue if needed. subscription.module would
then take care of processing the queue.

-moshe