[drupal-devel] Re: image_import.module ready for early testing

Scott Courtney scott at 4th.com
Sun Apr 3 03:08:42 UTC 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 17:17, Tim Altman wrote:
> > I would very much appreciate and respect your opinions, testing reports,
> > suggestions, and constructive criticism of my module so far.
>
> I hope this helps:
>
> - The menu for settings should be named "image_import" (or something other
> than "image") and should be under admin > settings, not admin.

Fixed, will be committed to CVS later tonight.

> - The menu link to the settings is wrong (it function link should be
> "image_import_settings" not "image_import_admin").

Fixed, will be committed to CVS later tonight. Good catch on both of these,
by the way. I didn't see these!

> - It would be nice to be able to create a new gallery from the upload page.

There doesn't appear to be an easy way to do this, except for the free-tag
vocabularies. Incidentally, I have successfully tested that you *can* manually
use SQL to mark the default image vocabulary (created by image.module) to be
a free-tag vocabulary, and it seems to work correctly afterward.

> - Some of the text in the settings page is confusing, especially the stuff
> related to paths.  "Ignore %u and %U for system user" doesn't make much
> sense unless you read all the text, too.

I've done a general reorg/cleanup of those prompts in the version I'm about
to commit to CVS. :-)

> - The username folders under the set path should be created automatically
> upon installation and whenever a new user is added.

See my previous note to the list on this. It's non-trivial, although I admit
it's a good idea in principle.

Scott