[drupal-devel] Node access module

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Tue Apr 12 09:03:19 UTC 2005

On 12 Apr 2005, at 10:32, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> Although there are two contrib modules (node_privacy_by_role and
> nodeperm_role) which leverages the node access system, I have written a
> third one which is in my (chx) sandbox as nodeaccess.module. I do not
> intend it to be a contrib module -- I'd like to see it in 4.7 core.

1. From what I have seen, a taxonomy-based permission scheme is more
popular than one using node types.  If you aim to get this module
included in core, it is worth discussing the idea of using the
combination of roles and taxonomy terms, rather than the combination of
roles and node types.  We should aim to include the most popular scheme
in core.

2. Using a tab is OK for now, but ideally this would be part of the new
node submission form.  The way I envision this, is to have a
JetboxOne-like "permissions"-area under the node body that I can
unfold/collapse.  This lets me set the permissions upon the initial
submission (cfr. menu_otf.module).  Ideally, we'd be tackle this node
submission form "dependency" while we are at it.  This makes for an
excellent use case.

3. Neil had some ideas on how to configure the default
workflow/behavior of nodes.  It might be a good idea to read up on this
too, or to discuss this some more.  Ideally, we'd tackle this workflow
"dependency" while we are at it.