[drupal-devel] Let's accept more interim solutions

Gerhard Killesreiter killesreiter at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Apr 21 15:38:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:

> >> I still would like to see usefull patches hit core faster than they do
> >> now, though. I've no idea how this coul dbe achieved, though.
> >
> > That node revision patch's lifetime is just insane. If it were any other
> > developer, they
> > would probably have let it slide a long time ago.
>
> Sure, but if you were Dries, would you accept untested patches? I would
> not. Look how many people commented on the revisions patch. Not much.
>
>    http://drupal.org/node/7582

The reason that the patch was not applied is that I had it ready shortly
after feature freeze. It also has quite a big impact on Drupal, so Dries
decided to not apply it at that time. I think it was a good idea.

I find it really difficult to get other developers interested in the
patches I write. But then I am not particularly interested in pther
people's patches. ;)

Cheers,
	Gerhard