[drupal-devel] Let's accept more interim solutions

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Apr 22 20:12:20 UTC 2005

> * Problem or limitation is identified in existing code
> * Solution is proposed
> * Various objections are raised, but (often) no better solution proposed or
> coded
> * Time is spent over the course of several months addressing objections
> * Fresh objections are raised, some based on new changes elsewhere in the
> core
> * A new release comes out
> * Original identified problem remains, unaddressed

So you would like to push an interim solution down into the throat of
the community, so someone will eventually realize that the solution is
not fine and will fix it. You think that pushing interim things into
core will make refinements come faster?

I think if there is no interest in refining some patch, there will
possibly be no interest in going into fixing that stuff later on.

Goba