[drupal-devel] DrupalForge?

Dan Robinson dan at civicactions.com
Mon Apr 25 14:45:44 UTC 2005

I don't want to keep talking because I feel I'm violating the
silver/gold business (which is a good rule of thumb :) ).  Don't get me
wrong on my comments, my point really is that with better packaging we
would get more traction, which gives us more people, which gives us more
developers which then gets us more coders (or talkers.... depending :)
).  Anyway I was really struck by what was said re: the Project module:

The project module has been making progress, and still is.  The past
three months I added (i) CVS integration, (ii) compilation of a per
project developer lists and (iii) automated code reviews/reports.
Furthermore, we have nedjo's patch waiting to be tested and it looks
like Steven and Ber began investigating some of the imminent usability
issues.  At the same time, we encourage people to make the project
module more generic.

I went to the project page for Project and got -

This module enables teams to track outstanding items which need
resolution. It provides e-mail notifications to members about updates to
items. Similar to many issue tracking systems.

I'm not criticising - just pointing out that there is a huge knowledge
gap - if someone is coming from the outside and evaluating then they are
going to miss a huge gold-mine of functionality.  Anyway - at this point
I'm hoping that I will come back later with some concrete deliverables
to help out.  Meanwhile back to the silver mines.

Dan