[drupal-devel] DrupalForge?

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Sun Apr 24 21:11:06 UTC 2005

On 24 Apr 2005, at 11:18 AM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> As I outlined before the problem is that project.module will not get
> much attention because of its focus on Drupal and drupal.org. Free
> software development is about scratching one's own itches and I for
> example can use project.module just fine on drupal.org but cannot use
> it
> anywhere else due to design limitations.  Thus no itch and no code.

      I agree - generalizing the project module will make it more
powerful
and applicable, encouraging adoption and development, while
providing benefits to managing projects in and around Drupal.org, too -
for example, documentation!

     Every sufficiently large website project needs some kind of
project/issue
management system, at least during the initial development. I've tried
to use Drupal's project module for this, but it wasn't suitable,  mostly
for reasons already discussed.

     It would be an added attraction to people considering Drupal
as a platform for their sites if they had built-in functionality for
implementing project management.

     Djun

--
Djun M. Kim, Director
djun.kim at cielosystems.com
Cielo Systems Inc.
http://www.cielosystems.com
Strategic Software Research                     Tel:   (604) 739-3941
302 - 1298 10th Avenue West                     FAX:   (604) 739-3943
Vancouver, BC, V6H 1J4                          Mobile:(778) 895-1379