[drupal-devel] [bug] /admin/node/book gives no output

RobinMonks drupal-devel at drupal.org
Sat Apr 30 22:32:55 UTC 2005

 Project:      Drupal
-Version:      4.6.0
+Version:      cvs
 Component:    book.module
 Category:     bug reports

This patch displays an error when the node is not found, and redirects
the user to admin, since they can't administer a node that dosn't exist
anyways.

Robin

RobinMonks

Previous comments:

April 30, 2005 - 17:02 : kiz_0987

When I go to /admin/node/book I get a completely blank page. I've looked
into book.module and if I modify the book_admin function to initialise
$output with any character (a space in the code below) then the page is
displayed "The book module offers a mean to organize content, authored
by many users, in an online manual, outline or FAQ." . As soon as I
take it out or make it $output = ''; the page again is not displayed.

Why is this? How is book_help being called to display the help message
above?

<?php
function book_admin($nid = 0) {
  $op = $_POST['op'];
  $edit = $_POST['edit'];
  // KJP - if I don't add this the page is never displayed (NO
output) for /admin/node/book
  $output = ' ';
  switch ($op) {
    case t('Save book pages'):
      drupal_set_message(book_admin_save($nid, $edit));
      // fall through:
    default:
       $output .= book_admin_view($nid);
     break;